Nash Siren R4 Bite Alarm
The first alarm designed to embrace the global modern sport of carp fishing, the Siren R4 is the new standard for accurate, responsive indication whether you are fishing an English estate lake or battling the most extreme conditions of European inland seas.
Never have so many advanced and revolutionary features been absorbed into one single world beating package. Taking Kevin Nash’s market leading speed responsive indication concept from the iconic R3 alarms the R4 offers levels of control and function that put the angler in touch with their end tackle in ways never possible before.
The R4 will respond to every type of indication caused by carp in any environment. Even when the rod tips are pulling over from weed build up and wave action on hundreds of hectares of water the R4 will still tell you everything you need to know and nothing that you don’t. Never has an alarm been able to screen out non-events to this degree before. It’s Intelligent Sensing made even more intelligent.
Roller Wheel Sensing
Factory setting for the R4 is a standard line movement sensing across the roller. Although superseded by Speed Sensing it has specific applications such as winter zigging where a slow tightening of the line is expected.
Two levels of Speed Sensing respond to line movement faster than 1cm and 2cm per second respectively to eliminate false indications. Both settings also feature the innovative Drift Sensing Safeguard.
Two further sensitivity settings feature Wave Sensing technology to eliminate false indications from repeated wave action or when fishing from a boat. Alarm events are registered with movement faster than 1cm or 2cm per second and after 15 or 30cm of line movement forwards or backwards over the roller. Both Wave Sensing settings also feature the Drift Sensing Safeguard.
Drift Sensing Safeguard
Another industry first, the R4’s Drift Sensing Safeguard protects against the rare possibility that line can ‘creep’ from a spool due to weed build up on the line for example – where the pressure and movement on the line is not sufficient to trigger a Speed Sensing system.
Drop Back Sensing
All the R4’s sensitivity settings feature drop back alert, with a decreasing tone alarm for audible differentiation of the nature of the take.
The inventive Homecoming Mode is an ace card of the R4’s features – designed specifically for boat anglers and offering a rear LED on the alarm that when illuminated offers a reference point for navigation back to a swim during the night.
To complement the launch of the revolutionary R4 alarms, the new Night Glo range of indicators connect directly to the casing of R4 alarm heads for an LED output that results in a wicked pulsing Night Glo Bobbin or Swing Arm head whenever the alarm LED lights. Matching indicator bodies co-ordinate to the LED colour options of R4 alarms with an additional option for black bodies with a white LED glow.
● Homecoming Mode for safe navigation back to a swim when boat fishing
● Five sensitivity settings for all conditions and environments
● Eight options for adjusting tone and volume
● Variable LED colour output - Red, Blue, White, Green or Purple
● Wrap around LED for maximum visibility from all angles
● Choice of two brightness settings for each LED colour
● Pulsing LED output and direct MMCX bayonet attachment for Nash Night Glo indicator range
● R4 alarms are supplied with an MMCX converter to allow Nash Slap Heads and Bobbins to also connect directly to the body
● Decreasing tone drop back differential sound
● Ribbed rod location rubber insert pads to protect carbon blanks and prevent rod creep
● Three muting configurations
● Low battery warning
● Integrated removable rubberised snag ears
● Water resistant
● Matt black soft touch rubber finish
● Thread compression collar for perfect and secure head alignment
● Supplied with a soft touch protective PVC case
● Powered by 2 x AAA batteries (NOT INCLUDED)
● Available individually and in 2, 3 and 4 Rod Presentation Sets
NOTE: Battery life is influenced by multiple factors, all quoted figures are subject to influence by external factors.